Gephi Roadmap (2012-2013)
Gephi medium and long term plans, up to Gephi 1.0. Please consult Gephi_Releases to see what we accomplished so far.
- New Visualization API
- Legend in Preview
- New Partition API
- Attribute dictionary (value indexed and min/max support)
- More dynamic metrics like dynamic density.
- Graph metadata in workspace
- Flexible table importer (GSoC)
- Force Directed Edges Bundling in Preview (GSoC)
- New statistics reports (GSoC)
- Some other Ideas? Please share them to the forum
- GPU Visualization Engine, target 200K nodes, 1M edges (Specification - GSoC Shader Engine).
- Local exploration, quick overview on a subgraph
- Graphs with different shapes
- QuickSearch API, contextual search on attributes
- Data sources plugins ideas
- Youtube, Flickr, twitter, email, ...
- Databases assistants
- Text documents (get co-occurrences, language detection, persons graphs)
- NYT API
- Publications (citations, authors, affiliation graphs)
- Data file import
- XLS assistant
- Adjacency lists/matrix
- Topic Maps XTM ?
- Annotation module
- Clustering (WeakComponents, K-Means, ...)
- Generators (Barabasi-Albert, Latapy, ...)
- Scientometrics module
- New tools (interactivity with graphs, manual edit)
- Statistics reports HTML/JS embedded browser. Build complex/interactive output from an algorithm execution.
- Legend generator, generate legend from treatment done to the graph
- Edges bundling visualization technique
- Integrate other visualization (treemap, scatter plots...)