Share your ideas for improving the software here :)
- flip the graph horizontally or vertically (Geometric transformation plug-in)
- tree layout
- hyperbolic layout (see this thread)
- bipartite (and multipartite) graph layout (see this thread and this one)
- Option to size meta-nodes according to the #nodes having a specific attribute value. Currently, it is according to #nodes.
Add the support of edge weight in the Louvain algorithm, as it is available in the official implementation. [issue #556](in 0.8.1 beta)
- Add the support of edge weight in the centrality measures: betweenness, closeness, eccentricity. [issue #557]
- When computing Shortest Paths, add an option in the metrics panel to save the paths in a new attribute column (of type String List).
- Zoom in / Zoom out
- A lasso type selection
- Painter Tool, color applies incrementally, good idea ?
- Ability to move nodes selected with the Rectangle Tool.
- Pruning: removing all but the top <x> edges per node
- Ability to add node and edge attributes in editing window
and in data laboratory
- Invert selection, add to selection, subtract from selection, intersect with selection
- Select a component by clicking on its node
- Node Eraser: removing nodes under the cursor's click surface; the diameter of the surface is variable (like Photoshop)
- Edge Eraser
- Hops/traversal depth: hide nodes beyond the <x> limit of hops from a selected node.
- Edit edge
- Add an eye dropper for picking colors directly from other nodes
- Group a node and all the nodes it's connected to
- Local layout on a given group (see forum topic)
- Local layout on selected nodes
- Undo last action
- Edge painter
Multiple nodes edit (see forum topic)(in 0.7 beta)
Copy/Cut selection to a new/existing workspace(in 0.8 alpha)
Tag a node with an existing boolean (combo box), set the node value to true or false (combo box)(in 0.8 alpha)
- Supports list attributes
- Keep edges with a particular rule on source node and another rule on target node. (not sufficiently defined)
Highlight nodes on distance <= max_limit from the selected node. (ego filter)(in 0.8 alpha)
Neighbors Network(in 0.8 alpha)
- Allow creation of a filter over a variable max distance parameter from a specific node. i.e: Filter all the nodes within a distance of X starting from node N. (Although the heatmap allows highlighting it doesn't allow filtering nor max distance variation).
Dynamic viz attributes
- video recoding, with output either video format or a series of PNG [issue #558]
- autosave the current project every xx minutes
- Support for hyperedges
- Create adjacency matrix from Graph
- Our nodes of graph should support multi shapes. For example circle or Cafe24 screenshots triangle.
- I want to draw the nodes of graph in the pie-chart shap to explain the overlpping partition of the network . The fractions of a pie-chart shows the probility of a node belonging to different communities. If anyone knows how to achieve the gole please contact me: email@example.com
- Fullscreen mode with only the graph, and maybe the timeline.
- Option to disable fast pan on Graph window using right-click on the mouse.
- Reorganize tools groups (see forum topic)
- Write "Require reboot" on settings panels
- Copy/paste from an opened Excel file
- Option to correlate the drag of a group node to its children (see forum topic)
- Widgets to zoom in/out, rotate and incline the graph view in Overview.
- Copy/Paste selection in Edit menu
Node pencil tool. Bigger size.(in 0.7 beta)
File menu entry "Recent graphs"(in 0.8 alpha)
Configure reset size by right clicking on the reset size button(in 0.7 beta)
Automated opening of a filter panel just added to the queries(see forum topic) (in 0.8 alpha)
Filters: "Save" option on right-click on a query(in 0.8 alpha)
Filters: "Delete" option on right-click on a saved query(in 0.8 alpha)
Edit menu: Duplicate workspace(in 0.8 alpha)
- Shortcuts to pan ("spacebar") and zoom ("z") (see forum topic)
- Merging the Selection and Move tools
- Search panel added as a Viz addon (like Hierarchy) to search nodes on their ID and Labels. The user can browse the results with Prev/Next buttons. The search supports regular expressions.
- Nodes as images, loaded from URI attributes
- Background image
Ability to hold a hot-key and use the scroll-wheel to adjust the size of the selection brush radius.
- Keep ratio in screenshots
- Allow linebreaks for better readability of long text labels see this post on forum
- Palette support. For example, the partitioning tool can sometimes suggest a large number of partitions. It would be great if the colors could be chosen from a predefined palette to make visualizations more pleasant.
- Hide edge labels based on selection, like nodes
- Dynamic Graph SQL see this post on forum
- Access DB connector
- Import Pajek vector files to support attributes
- Import Pajek partition files
- JPG export
GEXF import using STAX instead of DOM to cut memory issues(in 0.7 beta)
GEXF support of edge viz attributes(in 0.8 alpha)
GEXF export of the current level of graph hierarchy only(in 0.7 beta)
- GDF import support of start/end columns to get dynamic topology [issue #559]
DOT import support of positions (https://answers.launchpad.net/gephi/+question/109601)(in 0.7 beta)
Import VNA Files (Netdraw)
VNA export - fund it!
GML export - fund it!
UCINET (.dl) export - fund it!
Pajek (.net) export - fund it!
- Option to force re-casting attributes instead of using string by default (useful when type is not well defined in file)
- Merge parallel edges in dynamic mode, in GEXF import
- Export SVG with 3D/Shaded nodes as in Pajek
- merging 2 partitions and assigning all the nodes the color that nodes of the chosen partition have.
- Supports list attributes
Selecting a node in the graph and seeing that select in the data table.(in 0.8 alpha)
- Display color and size columns (not by default).
- Display the "Settle" value of nodes (not by default).
- Join external tabular data (spreadsheet) using any column into gephi.
Edge opacity(in 0.8 beta)
- Cartography maker with automatic legend (colors, sizes) + title and paragraph of description
- Choosing text position [issue #560]
- Palette controller - save user palette
- "Absolute" node size and edge width to allow comparisons between graphs (respect of scales in parameters)
- Gremlin integration (see this thread)
- Plug-in to manage external tools so that one can call an external program and re-use the results, like in CIShell
- Binding to R like in Visone
- When uninstall, option to keep preferences (see InnoSetup options)
- Use Maven for building (advantage: built-in dependency management for additional libs)? (see this GSoC proposal)
- script to execute before commit, which check if a module has been changed to increment its version inside Module/manifest.mf